Early Career Researcher Travel Award
ESACT-UK would like to support early career researchers through the travel award. The award aims to assist researchers in attending other relevant scientific conferences. This award will be granted competitively to cover part of the cost of conference registration, travel and accommodation only.
This is a gift from ESACT-UK and you will not have to pay it back and no other grants will be reduced if you receive the award. There are however, a few rules on how to apply, eligibility and what we expect in return which is detailed below.
- You must be a member of ESACT-UK (minimum of 6 months)
- A supervisor or line managers’ report must be included with your application, confirming your suitability to attend the meeting and your status at your current post (sent by separate e-mail to [email protected]).
- Only those that have less than 8 years of experience post-degree will be eligible. The award is not open to academic members of staff.
- Travel awards are granted competitively to cover part of the cost of conference registration, travel and accommodation only. The decision of ESACT-UK is final.
- Awards are granted up to a maximum value of £250 for UK and EU-based meetings and up to a maximum value of £500 for international meetings.
- Applications will be reviewed in January and June and at no other time. Applications must be received by the 1st December of the previous year (for a January review) or 1st May (for a June review). It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure the application reaches the committee in time and that the meeting they wish to attend occurs after the review.
- Payment can only be authorised after the event and will only be made against receipts for the items listed above.
- A conference report must be submitted by the participant alongside the claim for expenses. The report should be 500-1000 words long and cover the key papers presented at the meeting and any other points of interest. The report will be published on the ESACT-UK website.
- Successful applicants must include the ESACT-UK logo on their poster or presentation to acknowledge our support. The logo will be e-mailed to you if you are granted the award.
- If you have any further questions please email us at [email protected]
Bursary winners and their presentation and reports can be found in the Bursary Reports pages